The Twin Cities are great for bike riding and this weekend is an excellent time to get outside and explore.
Here are some fun facts from NiceRideMN.org
Facts about biking in the Twin Cities:
• Saint Paul has been designated as a bronze level "Bicycle Friendly Community" by the League of American Cyclists.
• Minneapolis has been designated as a gold level "Bicycle Friendly Community" by the League of American Cyclists.
• Minneapolis was named America's most bike friendly city in 2010 by Bicycling Magazine.
• The twin Cities has one of the highest percentages of people who commute to work by bicycle in the nation. Census data shows that approximately 4,500 Minneapolitans regularly commute to work by bicycle.
• All Metro Transit buses are now equipped with bike racks. You can even try one out at several retail locations around the Cities.